Skip to main content

MY TOP FIVE KITCHEN OBSESSIONS

To know me is to know I love a good gadget especially a kitchen one.  So tonight I share with you my current favs, because it changes with the season y'all!!!


5) Cherry and Olive Pitter . this bad boy pits four cherries or four olives AT THE SAME TIME!!!! oh and it also stores the pits for you so you can do something with them.... lmk if you find something i can do with them! I pitted three pounds of cherries in 20 minutes! I did them all. no mess ups. no crazy directions. i just opened the pack and used it!

4) Veggie Chopper - this my old school item. I have had one of these for 15 years!!! It chops onions, potatoes, chicken, radishes, herbs, eggs, carrots, garlic.... LEGIT IT ALLL!!!!! it is a bit of work to clean it ( so save that tool that comes with it, or your husband will tell you how awful it is to clean!) I try to use it for all the things in my kitchen before I clean it, that way it is worth the time I ( or him) to clean it.  I do have the pamper chef slicer and I love that just as much, it just has a few limitations on it. so check that one out too!

3) Spiralizer- oh boy summer time and this go hand and hand! we are talking all the carrot noodles ( legit so good with asian dishes), zucc noddles, cold cucumber salads from the garden.... guys just trust me this is a fun way to eat your veggies, and my husband loves that the blades are stored in the bottom of the gadget !

2)Cast Iron pans- if you do you buy one thing from this blog post I beg of you.. PLEASE BUY THIS FOR YOUR KITCHEN! The cast iron skillet is an amazing tool for browning, sauteing, baking, i make my carrot noddle dish in this. My husband swears my steak is better than any steak house and its because of THIS PAN!!!!!

1) Instapot- so prime day got me.... i bought one and yep it was worth all the talk about it. right now in these hot summer months, my stove makes the house feel a million degrees during meal prep. so this bad boy is my meal prep go to. i saute veggies, then the ground turkey, drain, then put in the kielbasa and onions, drain, put in more onions and garlic, then the potatoes, pressure cook for 13 minutes ( no more no less) and i am done with the main parts of my meal prep in about 40 minutes. one pot to clean ( makes the hubby happy) the food has such a depth of flavor and QUICK! i will tell you i am still scared of it, and i have to read recipes ( you know i hate that), follow rules, but it is soooo worth it!


Ok here is my amazing ******BONUS ITEM******. Without this magic i would not be functioning, my kitchen would not run, i would not be able to be up right now writing to you all! This nectar of the gods as i call it is all natural, not full of that upper crap, safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding ( as always ask your practitioner), is great for preworkouts but also AMAZING for life! I mix one scoop and two scoops of Hydrate with 24 oz of ice cold water first thing in the am before i work out or sit down to work. Now i will say i don't drink coffee so i have no idea if it is comparable to that, but i will say as a recovering red bull addict, it is smooth and no crash. i just feel awake and focused. BONUS ITEM


Well friends, i hope you enjoyed this post as much as i did! did i miss your kitchen item? if so leave it below! as always share this blog away :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sitting in the calm, after a storm.

Finding who you are outside of parenthood, yet still in your marriage, yet still an individual, and yet still not knowing who you are. is harder than it is to make sense of that statement. We have been exploring something in couples counseling about desire and how it's hard to be desired when your proximity is so close. Add parents of 2 children under the age of 6 life is a lot.  as we prepare to bring them both back to school, oh gosh I'm crying just writing this, it's a whole new season. The up all night the hospital stays, the being without each other all the time, is less frequent and being in the calm is more. For us, we know how to do marriage in the chaos. We know how did your marriage in the hospital. We know how to do marriage in the, oh my God how are we gonna get through this. the calm........  This is where we struggle. If you're new to this page you might not know that Ryan and I met in were moved in within 3 weeks. we loved each other so fier

to be candid in a world full of perfection......

I often find myself longing for those beautiful candid pictures I see on my scroll. Lovingly looking at my children captured in a magical light, where I obviously look beyond stunning, in my perfectly paired outfit. When packing I found myself, gravitating towards 6 inch heels, work clothes, and makeup. Why? Because my niece the snap chat wiz would be with me, and she could take all the stunning candids of me on vaca. I explained to Ryan when packing, these clothes that haven't been worn in years, and heels that still had the price tags on them, it's for the gram. Maybe some pictures with my ketones showing you how amazingly glamorous my life became as soon as I took the first sip. So when I saw him taking my picture on the beach, I was giddy. Almost teary eyed. Here it was. the perfect picture that shows what my life is like behind the scenes. Its gonna be awesome. I was so excited to look at my phone to see candids and the pictures a woman on the beach took of u

quick fixes.

Today I got a glimpse at what life used to feel like. By 7am I felt my blood boiling. A toddler that speaks fluent whine and 4.5 yo who has the sas of me as a teenager, I became quickly overwhelmed. As I felt the anger built up I refocused my mind, i redirected the whiner and helped the 4.5 yo solve her problem of her clothing being all disgusting.... and surprisingly we were at breakfast 30 minutes early. I felt so amazing. Like I beat the system, I had that moment of mom joy. Got groceriesand home by noon, all to have everything crumble. As I walked in the door I felt my face swelling and quickly realized I was in a full blown allergic reaction to God knows what. Popped some benadryl all to realize a) its day time and b) my children hate naps. So there I was helpless and so tired my eyes burned. I could do nothing but sit on the couch and succumb to the benadryl drowsiness. When I opened my eyes I realized my house had been trashed and my basement was full of 2 inches o